Thursday, October 14, 2010

Nightshade Cover Redesign

So... Hullo blogspot, blogger, whatever you'd like to call yourself!

I've ventured into your dangerous but oh-so-tempting world to enter a contest for a YA book. Yes, I am that cool. Big thanks to Meg for pointing me in the contest's direction, and a big thanks to The Book Vixen  for hosting the contest!


So, without further ado... Here's my entry!




Nightshade, a new book by Andrea Cremer that's due out on October 19th, is about a girl named Calla who's a shapeshifter in Colorado. I haven't read it yet (since I'm not currently on any preview lists, yay for moving overseas there /)_-), but the few reviews of it that I've found have been pretty darn positive. Though I'm not that into the whole shapeshifting premise, I am a sucker for well-developed characters, and the reviews have promised that much.

(Dear Andrea Cremer, if you haven't already given up on my entry and are still reading this, I am super into steampunk stories and am definitely looking forward to reading The Inventor's Secret when it comes out. P.S. Your website is spiffy.)

All the entries for the contest are super duper pretty at the time of me writing this, so I'm not really sure why I'm still entering the contest, but hey. It's worth a shot, right?

Original cover next to muh redesign there.
See my shameless copying of the font-branding? Shameless!
...it was just really nice font-branding... I couldn't help myself  >.>
In any case, yay for books set in Colorado, and yay for contests! (And yay for blogger? I dunno about you yet blogger, we'll have to see. ^^;;)

Muah <3

2 comments: